Monday, March 7, 2011

Halakhic Learning/Living

Ben Ehrenfeld at the Living Torah blog, posts about the need for halakhic learning in our movement:
I have to confess that, by and large, the Messianic Jewish community is lacking in its pursuit of halakhic thinking/living (I am including myself in this critique...I have a long way to go). Even among those Jewish Yeshua followers that engage Jewish life in the context of our people's developed tradition, it normally stops shy of transforming our largely non-halakhic culture. So, I suggest we begin where this way of thinking began, where our sages began: Learning. We need to develop learning cultures that transform the way we think and live. there is much more to do than this, but I want to do my part in promoting this.
Read more here. and start your learning here.

No comments:

Post a Comment